Smile!

Smile!
God's Most Precious Wonders

Wednesday, July 23, 2008

I Can't Believe...

The other day Emiko said to me, "Mommy, I can't believe Nancy's dead, Annie's in the Hospital, Jennifer has Cancer and that Rachel lost her baby (miscarried)." Then she said, "let me count how many I Can't Believes that is." Today as I was crying to myself, I sat thinking about the things that I, too, can't believe.

I can't believe the Lord loves me, that He died for me, that He blessed me with my family, that He sought to give me James, Emiko and Chloe. That I have parents, grandparents and the best friends in the world. I have discovered as I have walked this difficult road these past 4 weeks, that my friends truly are a gift from God; that He prompts them to call me when I need them, that they unselfishly give of themselves to me, that they want to help and that they are willing to drop everything to do so.

In a world where I first learned to become dependent on no one, I have now discovered the joy of living in need of everyone. I need my husband, my daughters, my mom, my dad, my grandparents and my friends. But most of all, right now, and when I take my last breathe, I need the Lord. He gives my life meaning and fills my heart with joy.